Happy New Year to you all!
I thought it would be fitting to start this new year out with a list of books that I read last year, along with the ones I plan to read this year. If there’s any way to illustrate my eclectic taste in books, I think it’s by making a list.
For those of you looking to find something new to read, I’ll put a ranking (1 to 5, 5 being best) beside each one that I’ve read. You can find my reviews of most of these on Goodreads.
Books I read in 2012:
- The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh (5)
- The Blood Upon the Rose by Tim Vicary (3)
- I Am Legend by Richard Matheson (3)
- Shadowfell by Juliet Marillier (5)
- Touching the Clouds by Boonie Leon (4)
- Fairest by Gail Carson Levine (5)
- The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkein (5) – To be fair, I have read this book a couple of times before, but I reread it this year to refresh my memory for the movie.
- Firecracker by Charles R. Verhey (4)
- Lost in Italy by Stacey Joy Netzel (3)
- Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter by Seth Grahame-Smith (5)
- Gone to Green by Judy Christie (4)
- The Apothecary’s Daughter by Julie Klassen (4)
- Words Spoken True by Ann H. Gabhart (3)
- Irish Moon by Amber Scott (3)
- Made to Be Broken by Kelley Armstrong (5)
- Exit Strategy by Kelley Armstrong (5)
- Captive Queen: A Novel of Eleanor of Aquitaine by Alison Weir (5)
- Poison: A Novel of the Renaissance by Sara Poole (4)
- Deadly Sins (Mindhunters series #6) by Kylie Brant (5)
- Virals by Kathy Reichs (4)
- Willow Pond by Carol Tibaldi (2)
- Mastiff by Tamora Pierce (5)
- Inheritance by Christopher Paolini
- The Dovekeepers by Alice Hoffman
- Girl with a Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
- Ever by Gail Carson Levine
- The Big Over Easy by Jasper Fforde
- Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs
- A Dangerous Inheritance by Alison Weir
- Thirteen by Kelley Armstrong
Any suggestions for books I should pick up?